Make Research Matter Online Toolkit

Researchers from the Cancer Communication Research Center and Washington University in St. Louis developed, implemented, and tested the Make Research Matter (MRM) website.  MRM is an online toolkit that assists developers of public health and health services research interventions increase the D&I potential of their interventions. The toolkit was developed building on the expertise of D&I researchers and existing literature about D&I, and was funded by the National Cancer Institute. Usability testing with potential users was conducted to refine the content and format of the toolkit.

The MRM website consists of four main tools:

> Planning Tool-an interactive survey which provides a tailored report that aids researchers with their dissemination plan;

> Resource Library-a searchable database consisting of a compilation of D&I related articles from multiple sources which is updated monthly;

> Narrative Library-a freely accessible online library containing video vignettes and transcripts with junior and senior D&I experts of “how-to” knowledge to D&I problems;

> Glossary-containing over 100 definitions of terminology used in D&I health research. Additionally, users of the MRM website can learn more about current publications and presentations, and current news related to D&I.

The Online Dissemination and Implementation Planning Tool is one of the first collective efforts of this group, and D-RIG members served as informal advisors for this project.